Thursday, September 24, 2009

Where is my Wednesday post??

I ALMOST know I wrote a blog post yesterday! I didn't go back to check it and didn't realize it wasn't there until today. Maybe I didn't. Lord knows this week is hectic, crazy, and downright tiring! Got up at 4:00 a.m. yesterday to make a quick trip to the Chattanooga Airport. :( Was back at work by 9:30ish, after I stopped off to spend a few minutes with my BFF who says she has been recently replaced and is NOT happy. LOL. Anyway, I had stayed up WAAAAYYYYY too late working on the campaign projects - especially to have to get up THAT early! On Wednesday Kade passed out rulers - with cards that said, "KADE ROGERS RULES! VOTE FOR HIM! STUDENT COUNCIL VICE-PRESIDENT!" I thought it was cute - you know, original. Well, leave it to Kade - he informed me that he wasn't going to win, and when I asked why he said, "Because I haven't passed out any candy and those folks want CANDY!" haha. Who knew?! $8.00 for a bag of candy and I could have been finished!?!? GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING! Then he goes on to tell me, "Hey Mom, it can't just be ANY candy, It has to BLOW THEM AWAY!" hehe. Yep, that's my child! Think I took the "if you're going to do something, DO IT RIGHT" thing too far while raising him? Thankfully, his idea of blowing them away was just Hershey bars!!! So today we passed out the Hershey bars but, of course I had to add something to it - a great friend, who knows the campaign trail WELL, offered us a ton of the small flags on sticks - so we added cards to them and passed them out as well. AND - we made badges that said, "I'm voting for Kade Rogers for Student Council Vice-President.....YOU SHOULD TOO!!" And passed them out to kids in all different grades and classes. Whew! Am I ready for this week to be over!! His teacher told me this morning that they were practicing the 2 minute speech he has to give tomorrow to the student body at 1:45 this afternoon - I laughed. I told her we probably should have written that last night but we haven't even started it yet!! Sounds like it's going to be a LOOONNNNGGGGG night, AGAIN!!

No comments: