Thursday, August 26, 2010

My secret....

Okay - I feel the need to tell my secret. NO. It isn't whay you are thinking and it will NEVER be! :)

I had several calls, texts, and emails...and then Drea....who were pretty much impressed with my shopping skills this week. Let me just say that I was pretty impressed also. But let me let you in on WHY I did so well this week. You see, I have 100s of coupons - so many that I was overwhelmed, frustrated and felt like picking them up and throwing them all up in the air and letting them rain down on me. Yeah, that bad. I decided last week that I WOULD figure out a way to get organized. I mean - I knew I had the coupons of things I wanted to buy, but I could never actually FIND the coupons I needed. So I set out on a quest. A quest for the perfect organization for my coupons. I knew some folks used baseball card binders, but I felt like they were too small for what I was printing. In the beginning I was using a small coupon organizer - not quite big enough for me now days. Then I bought a larger coupon organizer - still not helping, had to pull all of the coupons out to be able to see what I had. I couldn't find what I was needing. So I went to Walmart and I SEARCHED AND SEARCHED for my perfect solution. And I found what worked for me. A photo album. It holds 4x6 pictures and it has a row of three. I bought a package of stick on tabs and I went to work.

And it was what I thought. Perfect. I can flip through the tabs that I personalized just for me and it's right there in front of me. Ohhhh...and I also had a hang up with how much I spent for it - I mean, I'm trying to SAVE money with the coupons so I didn't want to spend what I was saving! The photo book was on clearance for $5.00 - I bought some extra pages for $2.50 a pack. Not a bad price! THAT is how I managed to save $90 this week. Because I could actually SEE the coupons I had. I took it to the grocery store with me and when I saw something on sale that I didn't have on my list - flipped the pages to see if I had a coupon and most of the time, I did. I scored big.

Here are a few pictures of what I did. Leave a comment if you have questions! Will be glad to answer!




Have an awesome day!!

2 comments:

candih said...

Marty.....I think you might be a genius!

Marty said...

I'm thinking of getting a patent...think I can make big bucks!? :)